|Stable release||1.1.9 (July 6, 2009)|
|Operating system||Windows Mobile, Windows CE|
Iris Browser is a discontinued web browser for Windows Mobile smartphones and personal digital assistants (PDAs) developed by the Torch Mobile company. The first version was released in 2008. It was one of the first mobile browsers to score a perfect 100 on the Acid3 test.
According to independent testing, Iris 1.1.5 loads pages more slowly than its closest competitor, Opera Mobile. The UI was greatly enhanced all the way up until 1.1.9 which was released on July 6, 2009.
- Fitzpatrick, Jason (2008-12-08). "Iris Brings Desktop Browsing To Windows Mobile". Lifehacker. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- "Torch Mobile Launches Free Web Browser for Windows Mobile". Brighthand. 2008-02-15. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- Perez, Sarah (2009-02-24). "Iris: A New Browser for Windows Mobile Emerges from Beta". Channel19. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- Nickinson, Phil (2009-08-25). "RIM purchases Torch Mobile; Iris Browser for Windows Mobile will be discontinued". wpcentral.com. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- Loganbill, Scott (2008-08-13). "Torch Fires up Webkit-Powered Windows Mobile Browser". Webmonkey. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- Niall, Magennis (2009-03-30). "Torch Mobile Iris Browser 1.1.5 IRIS". TrustedReviews. Retrieved April 30, 2009.